If you’re here, it means you’re either a total beginner or you’ve tried just about everything you can think – YouTube, books, friends, DVDs, maybe even other teachers, but you haven’t been able to find anything that really works. The good news is, there’s hope.
Let me tell you a little story.
Years ago, a teenage kid took guitar lessons from a guy at a music store. Not knowing any better, he thought he was getting great lessons. There was always something new to learn. His teacher gave him lots of songs, lots of chords, lots of scales.
A ton of “stuff.” He felt like he was really getting somewhere.
After each lesson he would go home, sit down, rip open his book and start hacking away at what he had been taught. He did this day after day, thinking he was really making progress and becoming a killer guitarist.
Sure, he learned stuff and got better…but after a while he realized it was very slow going. Trying to learn how to play barre chords was brutal. The F chord was impossible. He thought he would never be able to play it. In fact, one day he was watching a band on TV. The lead guitarist played the F chord like it was nothing.
His jaw dropped in disbelief. How did he do that?!
So, even though he was learning lots of stuff, there was a problem. He thought he lacked talent. He thought he didn’t have it (whatever “it” was). He thought he would never be a good guitarist.
There were days when he just wanted to give up.
Fortunately, he didn’t give up, because he just loved playing guitar. He kept pushing himself. He kept hacking away at whatever he thought would help him get better.
It wasn’t easy. He spent hours and hours at a time practicing and practicing. Hacking away. Trying to figure it.
Basically, doing it by trial and error.
Eventually, he did become a good guitarist – but it took way too long and was way too frustrating.
I know this is true, because that guitarist is me.
And I know a lot of guitarists who could tell the exact same story.
It turns out, the problem I faced was not a lack of talent, lack of instruction, or even lack of knowledge. It actually had very little to do with me, because I was very motivated. I just lacked what I really needed from lessons to become the guitarist I wanted to be.
Looking back now, I know what the problem was…or rather, what the problems (plural) were.
Lessons were mostly new content. There was almost never any training, very little application, and no integration of the skills I had. I knew a lot of stuff, but I didn’t know how to use it, why to use it, and how I could put everything together so I could play the way I wanted. I didn’t know how to practice to maximize my progress. I almost never played with anyone other than my teacher, so I didn’t have the advantage of gaining any real life experience. And, I didn’t know that there really are ways to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to learn guitar.
Although I can’t go back in time and learn guitar again the right way, I can help you avoid a lot of the pain and struggle I went through for all those years. That’s my mission, which is why I’ve created lessons that give you more than just “things” to learn. You get a complete training, coaching, and mentoring package to insure you succeed:
- Personalized lessons to match your goals and style preferences
- Ongoing training so you gain a deep understanding of the content you learn
- Longer lesson times
- Flexible scheduling
- Bonus workshops to help you succeed and develop faster
- Advanced practice strategies so you know exactly how to make the most progress possible
- Student only master classes
- Performance opportunities to help you get real life experience
- Customized lesson programs
- Learn your favorite songs
- My four step system that makes learning chords much easier
- Avoid the trial and error approach
- Develop creativity so you can write your own songs
- Play the music you love right from the beginning
- Exclusive student only workshops
- Application of everything you learn
- How to integrate skills to make your progress skyrocket
- Develop 3-5 times faster than teacher yourself, using YouTube, or taking lessons from another teacher
- Student Forum where you can ask questions and get advice any time
- Free library of backing tracks
- Supplemental aids so you don’t waste time asking the same question multiple times
- Referral bonuses when your friends sign up for lessons
- Loyalty Rewards for remaining a student
- How isolation, application, integration, and review make reaching your goals much faster
- 100% total dedication to your success
- An instructor who receives ongoing training from the #1 guitar teacher in the world, ensuring you get the best lessons possible
Stop thinking of lessons as “30 minutes of learning stuff” and discover how much better, how much more fulfilling, and how much more effective a complete guitar training program can be.
If you’re a beginner, you’re in the ideal place to get started. If you’re experience but frustrated, you need to discover a better way to become the guitarist you’ve always hoped you would be. Click the link below to request a free introductory lesson.
Not near Olympia? Click here for additional resources.
I am conveniently located at 2633A Parkmont Lane SW, Suite C, Olympia, WA 98502.